Please sign up for membership if you would like to add your events to our calendar. We send out monthly What’s On newsletters to our registered members and also share content on Social Media.
- This event has passed.
Working With Schools – A Development Day for Creative & Cultural Providers
March 15 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
Working with Schools:
A development day for Creative and Cultural Providers
A development day for creative professionals who would like to explore the possibility of working with schools and other youth-focused agencies. Participants are welcomed from a wide range of creative and cultural industries and it is suitable for freelancers and organisations.
• Hear from established Milton Keynes artist Jane Charles about her work with schools
• Explore the Culture Challenge with Kayte Judge and the practical ways this free service, run in conjunction with ArtsGateway MK and MK Council can help you reach schools, including some of the funding available
• See case studies about how creative and cultural providers have worked with schools in the local area
• Address some of the practical and legal considerations of working with young people (including safeguarding and insurance)
• Begin to craft your ‘offer’ for schools
Participants will leave with an idea of what schools have booked locally, ways to market yourselves to schools, practical help overcoming some of the barriers to working with schools and a draft offer for your work with schools. Those who wish to pursue this area of work will be invited to join the Culture Challenge service directory and will be offered support to find work experience in schools if needed.
This is a free session but booking is required. To book please email Eleanor Hudson at: email@example.com